Thursday, July 1, 2010

Patience = Positive Response

Today on my lunchbreak, I went to the store for a few items.  After collecting them, I looked at the cash register lines and most of them were long.  Then I looked at the only "Self-checkout" line that was open and there was an elderly gentleman with quite a lot of groceries.  Since I was in a patient mood, I decided to wait in his line.  Once this elderly man noticed me, he started to panic.  He even said, "I'm so sorry, I'm trying to hurry."  I said, "No need!  I'm in no rush whatsoever."  What a relief to not be in a rush!  This man's face changed from panic to gratitude.  I offered my help but I think he wanted to prove that a man at his age could conquer the new technology.

It's weird (and Eric gets annoyed when I do this) but sometimes I like to test my patience.  (i.e. Purposely driving behind a slow driver or waiting in a line with a new employee behind the counter.)  All resulting with a positive response and attitude from others and yourself.  Then there were times when I had no choice but to wait with patience.  (i.e. Marrying the right man then being pregant for 9 months.)  Talk about the AMAZING results that developed!  The way I see it, patience is a good thing and produces a great character quality and a positive response from others.  So be patient!    

No comments: