Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Amanda

Amanda is another friend/coworker that I just adore!  We've known each other for about 9 or 10 years now.  When I first met Amanda, I was part of a ministry called Forgiven that used sign language, original skits and plays to introduce the community to Jesus.  Most of the sign language was used during songs and it displayed a beautiful picture of the words!  Anyhow, Amanda came along and joined us.  I thought she was the shortest person I had ever met!  But her kindness, generosity and love for Jesus was something I noticed more than her height.  We became friends instantly and I don't remember a time when I wasn't laughing with her.  She is probably one of my funniest female friends.  Over the years, we have made a mother load of memories.  Too many to download right now.  I am very thankful for the friendship I have with Amanda.

In fact, she's the one who told me about the job that I have now.  I was working as a bank teller and she knew I didn't really enjoy my job.  So, one morning she called me and said, "Brooke, we're hiring for an accounting position.  You should apply!"  And I think we all know how that went down.  There was a time when Amanda and I not only worked together, we lived in the same apartment complex, had the same friends, both drove Saturns (still do) and attended the same church.  I used to think we were like twins; only I was taller.  Silly, I know.  Oh, and did I mention that she was one of my bridesmaids?  

Escorted by Groomsman Damon Lister
(Sorry Amanda, I couldn't find a more recent picture)

Spiritually, this girl is always being challenged and growing in ways that could only come from the Lord.  It seems like everytime I talk to Amanda about her walk with Christ, she's always learning something new from Scripture.  She's constantly evaluating her decisions and making sure she's doing it for the Lord.  Easier said than done.  And since I know she secretly reads my blogs, I won't mention her downfalls.  :)  In all honesty, Amanda is a forever friend.  If you're ever having a bad day, talk to her and you'll be laughing your butt off in an instant.     

No comments: