Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Almost 30 Moments

Monday night, my little family took a walk down to the Rec Center so Gavin could play on the playground.  When we got there, some junior high kids were in their corner goofing around.  My thought was that they're a little too big to hang out in a playground.  But that didn't bother Gavin whatsoever.  He ran around like he owned the place; climbing up the stairs and sliding down the slide.  He was literally in his own little world. 

Well, these kids starting to throw around a football.  This concerned me because they had no control over the ball at all.  One kid threw it and it hit the pole and bounced near Gavin and into my leg.  Yeah, it kinda hurt so I could only imagine what would've happen if it hit Gavin.  I took the ball and tossed it back to them.  Then I think I got more upset by their response than I did them horsing around.  They said, "Thank you, Ma'am."  CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!  My old weak knees almost gave out on me because I knew that I was the "Ma'am."  Once Eric figured out why I was upset, he just laughed at me!

     

No comments: