So, garage sale hunting did go as well as I had expected. I saw the signs but was not impressed with the drive-by view of the merchandise. We ended up stopping by ONE garage sale but it was a huge success that I ended up going back for more. This particular garage sale had two big piles of clothes. I was holding Gavin at the time and just didn't feel like going through them especially when the sign said, "Clothing: $1.00 each." I glanced at the rest of their stuff but rerouted back to the clothes. I looked more closely and saw that they were my size! The seller came by and said, "Listen, if you're willing to go through ALL of those clothes then I'll mark them down to $.25 each. I just have to get rid of them." SOLD! It was a little difficult to go through all of them with Gavin wondering around so I got 13 pieces of clothing for $3.00 and told her that I might be back.
After getting so excited about my find, I went home, dropped off the clothes and left again so I could meet up with my friend, Kelly. We took a nice walk with our children and caught up with each other as much as we could. While I was at the park, Eric and his friends were attempting the tv project. On my way home, I kept thinking, "The tv is going to look so good on the wall. I can't wait to see it!" Well....looks like I'm still gonna have to wait to see it. I came home to a living room with nuts, bolts, screws, wires and tools everywhere, holes in the wall, a mount that is on our wall by 1/2 of the screws needed and no tv on the wall. It was quite comical and almost like a Three Stooges episode.
After a sitter came and got Gavin, I rushed back to the garage sale before they closed. She was happy to see me again and the deal was still on! This go around, I found 21 pieces of clothing that I paid $5.00 for. Insane!
Later than afternoon, Eric and I attended a bowling event which was a fundraiser for prostate cancer. We had a lot of fun and got to see old friends we haven't seen in years. AND Eric actually won a raffle that included a bottle of Crown Royal Whiskey and 25 cigars!
Ok....here are pictures:
No comments:
Post a Comment