Thursday, November 25, 2010

Short and Sweet

Today went by too quickly.  Just to sum up, we went to the Turkey Trot at 6:00 a.m., took a nap when we got home at 9:30 a.m., starting cleaning and cooking at 11:00 a.m., ate at 5:00 p.m. then everyone left at 7:30 p.m.  Short and sweet....

I'll give just a little bit more detail.  This was my first Turkey Trot  and I could not believe how many people do it!  I looked at the thousands of people on Keene Road and was astonished at the flood of people on it.  We had a great walk and I definitely felt like I earned my right to pig out later.  The nap was short-lived for me because all I kept thinking about was how much cleaning I needed to do.  Eric cooked the turkey perfectly and all the other dishes were fantastic!  Everything just came together so well.  It definitely came and went just like that though.  I do have pictures that I need to get from family.  Heather has pictures from the Turkey Trot and my mom took some during dinner.  More to come....

No comments: