Thursday, November 4, 2010

No Sleep For Me

Last night, I maybe had 2 hours of sleep.  It wasn't Gavin that kept me up.  It wasn't Ava making a ruckus either.  It wasn't even a tv show that I had to watch.  It was fear and my fear alone.

Eric left Tuesday afternoon southbound to Naples.  He stayed two nights.  The first night was ok.  Went to bed late but at least I received 7 hours of sleep.  Last night, I purposely watched 2 movies so I could stay awake in case someone were to try and break in.  Here's the thing:  I was being an idiot and read the local news online.  Wouldn't you know it that there were burglaries, home invasions, shootings, hit-and-runs, etc.  Those stories get in my mind and then it invites fear in.  Not that this matters but it was raining too.  The extra sound outside made it more difficult for me to listen for intruders!

I really had nothing to fear about though.  I prayed and prayed last night that God would protect Gavin and me, that He would surround our house with His angels.  Of course this prayer didn't come till about 2:30 a.m. but I did finally come to my senses:  God is in control! 

I talked to Eric this morning and told him about my night/morning.  He wondered why I didn't call him because he would've stayed up with me.  Next time I will definitely do that!  Then he texted "love u. im excited to come home!"  My response was "Me too so I can get some sleep! Love you!"   

No comments: