I'm one to admit that I don't know how to take a compliment. I enjoy getting them but I don't handle it very well. Usually, I say the opposite or return a compliment to get the focus off of me. Then just recently, Eric told me that I need to take a compliment better. So I've been practicing. Today at church, I received compliment after compliment of how much weight I've lost. The fact is, I haven't lost any at all! But you know what I did? I accepted the compliment anyway and talked about how I did it. P90X BABY!!! :)
It's different when you receive a compliment from a friend than it is coming from your significant other. When Eric gives me a compliment, it means so much more. I have seen couples that once they get married, they let themselves go because they feel so comfortable in their skin. Granted, I gained 40 pounds after we got married but I had an excuse! :) But now I want to make sure that I can still catch my husband's eye. I want to look good for my husband! And he definitely sees the effort I'm making and he rewards me with compliments. Yesterday, he probably gave me a compliment every half hour! But it felt good to hear those words coming from my husband than anyone else.
Have you complimented your spouse today?
1 comment:
A great reminder!
My friend is a sales rep and online fitness coach. She loves P90X. She says it's the best!
Post a Comment