Thursday, June 17, 2010

Andrea

Friends will come and go.  Sadly, I've lived by this motto my entire life.  For some reason, I can't hold onto a close friend for decades at a time (I hope nobody takes offense to that statement.)  My husband, on the other hand, still hangs out with his friends he's had since elementary school....which I envy.  So, every now and then, I'm going to write about the friends I have at this moment in my life.

Andrea is up first.  When I met Andrea, she was quiet, sweet, innocent (still is), and just angelic to me.  We've been working together for 7 years now!  She's our copy chief.  If you want a word spelled correctly or a sentence to make sense, see Andrea!  I enjoy Andrea's friendship because she's a great listener and makes me feel like I'm the funniest person in the world....or at least in the office.  :) 

We have definitely made some memories over the years....too many to talk about.  I feel like she has helped me during the most critical moments in my life.  She helped set up the reception hall for my wedding.  One of my baby showers was held at her home (which is always spotlessly clean!)  And she bought Gavin one of his favorite items....a chair.  :)

I always love to hear where she's going next.  This girl LOVES to travel!  She's been to Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Savannah, New Orleans and all the way across the state to Orlando and St. Augustine, FL!  She's also traveled to Hawaii, Australia and even Lebanon!  Andrea has a true love for New York City though.  From what I know, I think she tries to go at least once a year.

What impresses the most about Andrea is her faithful devotion to the Lord!  She's constantly serving where God is calling her.  I know she helped out with the church's youth group as well as BSF's children's program.  Honestly, she should've been an elementary school teacher!  Andrea's knowledge of God's Word just astounds me.  I guess attending Christian schools had somewhat to do with that. :)  Also, her convictions and moral standards are something to be copied.  I wish I would've known her better when I was going through my rebellious stage so she could possibly talk me out of certain things.  After 7 years, Andrea is definitely still angelic in my eyes.

So, that's Andrea.  She's an amazing Christian with a great sense of humor, a desire to see the world, an eye for editing, and a heart to serve the Lord.  Isn't she beautiful?!

No comments: