Friday, June 4, 2010

Which Occupation Direction?

Earlier this year we found out that More 2 Life (Eric's work) was not going to be funded by the government for the next school year.  We got nervous about which direction to take.  Eric looked at jobs online but not aggressively because he had till September.  A couple months ago, he worked part time for Stages Productions as an actor. 

I LOVE when Eric performs!  He is so talented in many ways and to see it all performed on stage really takes my breath away.  Gavin has been to two of Eric's performances and he just sits in my lap and stares in awe of his daddy. 

Anyhow, for about a month, he's been torn as to what to do about a job in September.  Could he still work for M2L if it's not funded?  Could he work for Stages until he heard word about M2L?  Or could he work full time for Stages?  It seemed as though everything we were waiting on depended on M2L.  Eric really enjoys working for them because he really noticed the impact he made on the students' lives.  He received a lot of confirmation  that teaching is what he really wants to do! 

For awhile now, we've been praying for wisdom regarding Eric's job.  We wanted to make sure that he was doing the Lord's will for our family.  And after a fun conversation between Eric and Rick (Stages owner), he decided to work full time with Stages Productions starting in the Fall.  I asked, "What if M2L continues?"  Eric's response, "I'm gonna have to say 'no'."  I'm excited!  We don't have to worry about Eric not having a job and my talented husband gets to perform on stage again.  May I add that he will also be taking classes to get his teaching degree....

Yes, I love my husband and I trust that whatever direction he takes that he's following the Lord for the sake of our family.  Thank you, Lord, for an amazing husband!

      

No comments: