Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sudoku

Yes, I am a Sudoku freak.  Since I'm in accounting and numbers are somewhat easy for me, it's a way to unwind and relax.  The really tough puzzles make me feel smarter if I accomplish them.  There's just something intriguing about those numbers that are placed strategically in one grid.  It amazes me even more that there are over 100 Sudoku puzzles in just one book!  I love lying in bed with the tv on, Sudoku and pen in hand, and conversing with my husband.  Talk about multi-tasking!  On a more personal side, sometimes I leave a Sudoku book in the bathroom for those longer-than-usual moments.  :) 

I remember when I was introduced to Sudoku for the first time.  It was about 5 years ago when I was trying to accomplish the Jumble from the newspaper.  Then on the same page, I saw this grid with numbers.  I read the directions and attempted my first Sudoku.  Failed.  And since I wrote in pen (like I usually do) I had to recreate the puzzle on a different piece of paper.  Success!  It must've been a Monday because the newspaper always starts the week off with easy puzzles.  But with that simple success grew an obsession with Sudoku!  Someone even bought me a board game because they knew I loved it so much.  It's amazing how far a simple accomplishment takes us.  Five years later and I'd like to call myself a Sudoku Pro.  No, I do not offer training sessions.  Sorry.  :) 

No comments: