As I'm sure most of you know, Florida has been very humid lately (and that's an understatement). It's affecting my cardio decisions. I've been trying to get outside for either a long brisk walk or a slight jog as my cardio workout. I must say that this humidity has caused my easy-breezy jogs to turn into a struggling challenge! Sometimes I want to pass on jogging but then I feel guilty. Then while I'm jogging, I just want to pass out!
Last night was fun for me. My nephew, Dylan, came over and we went for a nice, relaxing swim. Gavin joined us and had a few unexpected dips underwater. But for the most part I think he enjoyed being in the water. Dylan cracks me up. He's 5 years old and he has been saying whatever is on his mind! For instance, while we were swimming, he touched my tummy. Dylan then says to me, "Aunt Brooke, your tummy is soft and cuddly." I tried to take it as compliment and said, "Well thank you Dylan." But does this 5 year old leave it at that? Of course not! He proceeds to repeat his first comment and then adds that my belly feels like a pillow. Nice. Then Dylan decides to venture a little higher on my body. "I know you have boobies in there somewhere." "Yes, Dylan, I do....somewhere." Gotta love kids at that age!
After our swim, Gavin went to bed, Dylan went home and I went for that 2-mile challenge of a jog. I succeeded and I noticed that I could've gone for another mile BUT it was sundown and I didn't want my husband to worry. Tonight, I'll be working out with Jillian Michaels DVD style. My goal is to keep up with her reps and her pace and to make it through the whole DVD. I'm almost there. Still perfecting the form (which is the most important). The desire to become a personal trainer is still in the back of my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment