Last night, my co-ed softball team (That's What She Said) had our first game in the playoffs. It seems like every game makes me nervous. My heart races a mile a minute and at some moments I can't breathe correctly. Go ahead, call me a drama queen if you want! :) It's definitely an adrenaline rush for me though.
My position is catcher. I like being a catcher. In fact, I've had quite a few surprising plays at home plate. The other teams definitely underestimate a girl catching a ball that was throw all the way from the outfield to tag a guy out at home plate. AW YEAH! There were even times when I caught some foul tips; one almost hit me in the face. I certainly have bruises to show the true brutality of this recreational sport.
Anyway, we won last night. In fact, we ended the game early because we were so good. I don't know all the rules but apparently after the 5th inning, if your team is ahead by 10 points then you win. So yay for us! Next Monday our game, and hopefully not our last, is at 7:00 p.m. And if we win then we will play for the championship at 9:00 p.m. I'm so nervous that my heart is pounding now just thinking about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment