Thursday, June 10, 2010

Is It Ok To Cry?

Of course it is!  I've been crying every day this week!  And since I don't wear makeup, I love crying even more....don't have to worry about racoon eyes now!  In all seriousness, I think crying is therapeutic.  It's an amazing form of expression and release for sadness, happiness and even anger.  For me, it's been sadness for the past two days.

Tuesday morning, I received a text message from my dad, "I have an appt tomorrow to take Billy in...like the song goes, 'Time to say goodbye.'  My boy is 16."  Billy was our oldest of four beagles but most importantly, he was my stepmom's baby.  She LOVED Billy so much that she treated him like a little child.  I will always have the memory of Connie singing, "Good morning, good morning!" to Billy and he would jump on her and they would just dance in the living room....obviously every morning.  He was definitely the favored one of all the beagles. 

So yesterday morning, my dad took Billy to the animal hospital.  Later that day, he described (in what seemed like vivid detail) the process of what happened....all while I'm driving!  It was sad.  It's very difficult to know that Billy is gone because it feels like another piece of Connie has been taken away.  Thank the Lord for memories and pictures.  If you think of it, pray for my dad. 

Dad, it is ok to cry.

Bye Bill....

On the couch left to right:  Billy, Maxwell, Angel (passed 2009)
Bottom:  Snooper (passed 2006)
   

No comments: