Monday, June 28, 2010

How To Defeat The Green-Eyed Monster

Lately, if not my whole life, I've been jealous of others.  In all honesty, I don't know one person that hasn't encountered the Green-Eyed Monster before.  Admitting it is just the start to conquering this deadly beast.  Without going into detail, there have been friends and even family members that I used to envy.  Whether it was popularity, possessions or promotions, I always struggled with wanting what everyone else had.  Someone just recently told me that everyone's situation is different and that things may seem great on the outside but we don't know what truly happens behind closed doors.  Interesting....

So, how have I defeated my Green-Eyed Monster?  By counting my blessings!  Here a few of the MANY blessings God has given me (listed in no particular order)....

Faithful, loving husband
Beautiful, healthy son
My salvation; knowing I'll live in Heaven for eternity!
My health
Supportive family
Incredible job
Friendly church family
Amazing friends
And just recently, our soon-to-be first house!

Yes, that's right....the seller's bank gave the OFFICIAL approval of our offer!  We just found out this past Friday.  Now we get to start the inspections and appraisal processes as well as submitting general financial information to our lender.  They said they're shooting for a closing date mid-July!  I know my exclamation points may sound like I'm extremely excited but I'm still containing it until those house keys are in my hand.

So the real question is, what am I jealous of again?!    

1 comment:

Karen Fernandez said...

To quote:

"Be thankful for all your blessings. An appreciative person makes a pleasant and optimistic person." - Brian Tracy

Love you,
Mom